[Spambayes] YAIP (Yet Another IMAP Problem)

Oliver Maunder lists at olivermaunder.co.uk
Wed Apr 23 17:58:14 EDT 2003

Hi again

Well, training seems to be working, so now I've moved on to classifying,
with the following results:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Development\spambayes\imapfilter.py", line 568, in ?
    run()
  File "C:\Development\spambayes\imapfilter.py", line 558, in run
    imap_filter.Filter()
  File "C:\Development\spambayes\imapfilter.py", line 437, in Filter
    self.unsure_folder)
  File "C:\Development\spambayes\imapfilter.py", line 383, in Filter
    msg.Save()
  File "C:\Development\spambayes\imapfilter.py", line 230, in Save
    response = imap.uid("SEARCH", "(HEADER)", "X-Spambayes-IMAP-OldID",
old_id)
  File "C:\Program Files\Python22\lib\imaplib.py", line 622, in uid
    typ, dat = apply(self._simple_command, (name, command) + args)
  File "C:\Program Files\Python22\lib\imaplib.py", line 925, in
_simple_command
    return self._command_complete(name, apply(self._command, (name,) +
args))
  File "C:\Program Files\Python22\lib\imaplib.py", line 762, in
_command_complete
    raise self.error('%s command error: %s %s' % (name, typ, data))
imaplib.error: UID command error: BAD ['Missing required argument to
Search head
er']

Looks like an error coming back from the server (surprise, surprise).
I'm really going to have to read that RFC soon and find out what's going on!

Also, problem 2 - probably also related. Before that error, imapfilter
did manage to stick a couple of messages in my Spam folder. But, when I
click on them my mailer throws up a message box saying "Invalid sequence
in UID". I imagine this is also coming from the server, so it looks like
it doesn't like the way imapfilter is rewriting the headers.

More debugging on its way later :-)

Olly