[Spambayes] YAIP (Yet Another IMAP Problem)

Wed Apr 23 12:25:14 EDT 2003

4/23/2003 11:22:19 AM, Oliver Maunder <lists at olivermaunder.co.uk> wrote:

>Tim Stone - Four Stones Expressions wrote:
>
>>Yup.  Your imap server has an opposite order for uid and flags, so
>>we have to remember that and write them out in the right order too.
>>imaplib is probably where this happens... this is gonna get ugly.
>>

>You know, I can always change ISPs if it'll make things easier...
>
>It just frightens me that someone else will start testing this, and find
>that *their* server does things differently too!

Yes, it is becoming quite apparent to me that we really must have a "supported
imap server" list.  I doubt that we can ever make all the servers happy.
These problems 'threaten' to turn us into imap problem fixers rather than
anti-spam software developers.  I must say that learning the nuances of every
imap server's semantic is not particularly interesting to me... <wink>

c'est moi - TimS
http://www.fourstonesExpressions.com
http://wecanstopspam.org

  those who understand binary,