[Spambayes] YAIP (Yet Another IMAP Problem)

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Thu Apr 24 13:09:37 EDT 2003

> Hmmm... maybe it would be a good idea to go back and see how
> others have done it. I have used a variety of MUAs with this account
> with no problem. And IMAPSpamBeGone and IMAPAssassin (simple perl
> version of isbg) worked fine out of the box.

The trouble is that we're doing more than isbg does.  For one, isbg
doesn't do any training.  We're also doing things more 'correctly' -
copying the message's original datestamp and flags, for example, plus
finding the uid of the moved message, so that we keep it in our records
(isbg would simply retrain it).  Plus the whole UI business.

The more we interact with the IMAP server, the higher the possibility
that something will go wrong.

One of these days, of course, you'll be able to say that the latest
version of spambayes worked fine out of the box :)