[Spambayes] Re: imapfilter progress

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Thu Apr 24 11:21:20 EDT 2003

"Meyer, Tony" <T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz> writes:

>>       File "imapfilter.py", line 361, in Filter
>>         msg.Save()
>>       File "imapfilter.py", line 231, in Save
>>         old_id)
> [...]
>>     imaplib.error: UID command error: BAD ['syntax error']
>
> Hmm.  This *might* be because the command should use "HEADER" and not
> "(HEADER"), but I'm not sure - works on both the servers I have
> available.  I'll check this in (RSN) so you can try it out.
>
> If that doesn't fix it

Well, that appeared to fix the _ability_ to run classification using my
existing database, but the results were pretty disappointing -
everything seemed to go into my "unsure" folder...

> could you run imapfilter with the option "-i4"?
> This sets the imap debug level to 4, which provides a list of all the
> imap commands and responses (raw).  That should have more clues.

...so I set up some test "inbox, spam, unsure" folders and tried to run:

   python imapfilter.py -v -i 5 -t -c -D ~/bayes.db

Just so we'd have some data to look at.  I got a traceback while
training on ham; the tail of the session is visible here:

   http://users.rcn.com/abrahams/imap/bugout.txt

It may look like there's not much there, but some of those lines are
*really long* (whole messages).

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting