[Spambayes] Re: imapfilter progress

Oliver Maunder lists at olivermaunder.co.uk
Thu Apr 24 16:55:56 EDT 2003

David Abrahams wrote:

>Well, that appeared to fix the _ability_ to run classification using my
>existing database, but the results were pretty disappointing -
>everything seemed to go into my "unsure" folder...

If everything's going into your unsure folder, that seems to imply that
the filter hasn't got any training data to use. The traceback you posted
shows an error in the training process, so this could be the cause.

What happens if you just do   imapfilter.py -t -v ?
It should print out some details of you training DB - number of hams and
number of spams. If there's nothing or not much in there then that would
cause the classification problems.

Olly