[Spambayes] Re: imapfilter progress

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Fri Apr 25 17:09:05 EDT 2003

> > could you run imapfilter with the option "-i4"?
[...]
> ...so I set up some test "inbox, spam, unsure" folders and
> tried to run:
>
>    python imapfilter.py -v -i 5 -t -c -D ~/bayes.db
>
> Just so we'd have some data to look at.  I got a traceback
> while training on ham; the tail of the session is visible here:
>   http://users.rcn.com/abrahams/imap/bugout.txt

This is odd.  The message that it crashes on doesn't have any crlf's
(even just a cr or lf) separating the headers.  The ones above it do,
though.

Does your mailer show this message correctly?  If the mailer has an
option to show the message (or even the headers) in it's original form,
does it show it correctly?

I'd understand it more if it was imaplib or our imapfilter that was
stripping the cr/lf chars, but from the trace, it looks like the raw
text from the server doesn't have them - and the length of the message
(with no cr/lf) matches the literal length (4278).

I'm baffled.  It would be easy to catch this error, but I don't know
what to do then - if the headers can't be parsed, then when we try and
rewrite the message into the correct folder all the headers will be lost
(again :( ).

I could add in a test so that training continues and messages like these
are just ignored, but I can't think of anything else to try (well,
except for writing a script to try and insert line endings where there
should be line endings).  Anyone else got any ideas?