[Spambayes] big imapfilter.py problem
T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Mon Apr 28 16:53:47 EDT 2003
> What's a message database, and where do I find it?
> OK, I presume spambayes.messageinfo.db is it.
Sorry, yes. I've also confirmed with Tim that this is the cause.
> Okay, training worked, but:
> File "./spambayes/classifier.py", line 301, in probability
> assert hamcount <= nham
> What's the problem now?
Hmm - interesting. This is the same problem as Olly was having. This
means that the ham/spam count in the spambayes database (hammie.db,
probably) is incorrect. My message to him had the two solutions.
It's pushing the realms of coincidence a little to say that this has
nothing to do with imapfilter. I'll try and see what's causing the
count to go wrong.
> File "imapfilter.py", line 372, in __cmp__
> return cmp(self.name, obj.name)
> AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'name'%
I should be able to find this easily enough. Odd that it's not always
> File "./spambayes/classifier.py", line 408, in _remove_msg
> raise ValueError("spam count would go negative!")
> ValueError: spam count would go negative!
I suspect this is related to the first one. If I had to guess without
looking at the code, I'd say that the untraining code is being activated
when it shouldn't be. This would cause this one and the ham/spam count
to be out.
> different-every-time-ly y'rs.
And just when I thought maybe things were going right...
More information about the Spambayes