[Spambayes] big imapfilter.py problem

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Mon Apr 28 16:53:47 EDT 2003

> What's a message database, and where do I find it?
> OK, I presume spambayes.messageinfo.db is it.

Sorry, yes.  I've also confirmed with Tim that this is the cause.

> Okay, training worked, but:
>   File "./spambayes/classifier.py", line 301, in probability
>     assert hamcount <= nham
> AssertionError
> %
> What's the problem now?

Hmm - interesting.  This is the same problem as Olly was having.  This
means that the ham/spam count in the spambayes database (hammie.db,
probably) is incorrect.  My message to him had the two solutions.

It's pushing the realms of coincidence a little to say that this has
nothing to do with imapfilter.  I'll try and see what's causing the
count to go wrong.

>   File "imapfilter.py", line 372, in __cmp__
>     return cmp(self.name, obj.name)
> AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'name'%

I should be able to find this easily enough.  Odd that it's not always
coming up.

>   File "./spambayes/classifier.py", line 408, in _remove_msg
>     raise ValueError("spam count would go negative!")
> ValueError: spam count would go negative!

I suspect this is related to the first one.  If I had to guess without
looking at the code, I'd say that the untraining code is being activated
when it shouldn't be.  This would cause this one and the ham/spam count
to be out.

> different-every-time-ly y'rs.

And just when I thought maybe things were going right...