[Spambayes] Training corrupts mbox files

David McLaughlin david at dsmcl.net
Mon Apr 28 15:31:58 EDT 2003

Thanks for taking a look at it!

I have put a sample before and after mbox at the following location:

ftp://ftp.dsmcl.net/spambayes_samplembox.tgz

It looks like it may be duplicating some lines in the header, and
adding an extra line break, which generates "extra" bogus mail
messages.

As an example, here is the original subset of headers:

>>Begin
>From ebyfi587wxi at seductive.com Mon Apr 28 15:36:22 2003
>From ebyfi587wxi at seductive.com Mon Apr 28 15:36:22 2003
<<End

and here is the subset after training:

>>Begin
>From ebyfi587wxi at seductive.com Mon Apr 28 15:36:22 2003

>From ebyfi587wxi at seductive.com Mon Apr 28 15:36:22 2003
<<End

It seems to be trying to add the "X-Spambayes-Trained" line, adding
an extra return, and then duplicating the beginning couple of headers
again. Not sure.

Thanks!

--
David McLaughlin