[Spambayes] Configuration page of pop3proxy fails

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Wed Apr 30 14:22:25 EDT 2003

[sean darcy]
> "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/spambayes/Options.py", line 1303,
> in update_file
>     shutil.copyfile(out.name, filename)
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/shutil.py", line 28, in copyfile
>     fsrc = open(src, 'rb')
>
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '(fdopen)'

What platform is this with?  (The /usr/lib suggests some sort of *nix
flavour).

I'm pretty sure that this is a problem with the temporary file.  What
it's doing is saving the options to a temporary file ('out'), and it
then copies this over to the actual config file.  (This means that if
something goes wrong halfway, the original is still ok).

It seems to me from the trace that the temp files is giving '(fdopen)'
as it's filename.  The correct filename is retrieved on Windows; I can't
test elsewhere.  I need the filename to pass to copyfile.

Could one of the Python'ly wise people tell me the correct way to do
this so I can fix Options.py?