[Spambayes] Training corrupts mbox files

Tue Apr 29 23:22:21 EDT 2003

4/29/2003 8:59:56 PM, Neale Pickett <neale at woozle.org> wrote:

>I think spambayes is actually doing the right thing here--it's taking a
>weird mbox and un-weirding it.  I think Tim Stone might be working on a
>generic message store thingy: Tim, would that eliminate the need to
>rewrite mailboxes altogether?

I haven't started looking at the mbox problems yet, but in general it would
only eliminate mbox rewriting if you don't want *any* of the spambayes headers
added to the messages in the mbox.  It can remember, given a message id, how
that message was classified, and how it is trained, but that's all at the
moment.  That would seem to be inadequate for this problem...

c'est moi - TimS
http://www.fourstonesExpressions.com
http://wecanstopspam.org

  those who understand binary,