[Spambayes] Re: big imapfilter.py problem

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Wed Apr 30 18:44:22 EDT 2003

> The problem appears to be that imapfilter.py added an
> to add a newline afterwards, which is required to separate it
> from the message body.

That's definitely what it was - except that message.py (which does the
adding for imapfilter.py) doesn't add it as a string, it adds an entry
to the headers dict in the email.Message.Message object.  It looks like
the email package didn't add the separating newline when it flattened
the message.

> ...err, but I forgot to set PYTHONPATH to use email-2.5.
> Training works when I do that.

What version of the email package does it use if you don't see the
PYTHONPATH?  If this sort of thing is going to happen, it might be worth
noting somewhere.  (Currently, the docs say that you need "the latest"
version of the email package, or whatever comes with Python 2.2.2
(email.__version__ == '2.4.3') or later.