[Spambayes] Training corrupts mbox files

Wed Apr 30 23:21:30 EDT 2003

4/30/2003 5:29:22 PM, Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> wrote:

>    David> It seems an older version of Mail::Audit was buggy -- upgrading
>    David> to the latest version fixed the problem.
>
>That's all well and good, but I was thinking perhaps mboxtrain should
>maintain a little database parallel to its mbox file whose entries are keyed
>by message-id.  It could store its results there and never have to monkey
>with the mbox file.  "-f"orce training would simply be a matter of deleting
>all keys in that database at the start of the run.

Yeah, we're already walking down that path with the messageinfodb that's
maintained in message.py.  This will certainly need some more work for mbox
purposes, but it would be perfect if mboxes never needed to be rewritten.
That's the goal, afaic.

c'est moi - TimS
http://www.fourstonesExpressions.com
http://wecanstopspam.org