[Spambayes] FYI -- dumbdbm is nuked

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Fri Aug 8 11:08:08 EDT 2003

> > You could just use pickles, of course.  They're still an
> > improvement over dumbdbm (in this case).
> Where do I make SpamBayes use pickles?

The best way is to change your configuration file.  Add the following
line in the [Storage] section (create the section if it's not already
there).

    persistent_use_database: False

(True is the default, which means use some sort of dbm.)

This option isn't exposed by the web ui config page, for some reason
(this is perhaps one reason that so many people are using dumbdbm and
don't know about pickles!).