[Spambayes] Can't enable SpamBayes in the Outlook COM add-in manager

Herman, Lee Lee.Herman at mpi.com
Fri Aug 8 15:08:57 EDT 2003

(Note: I've sent this note directly to Mark Hammond, but I wanted to see
if the community at large has seen this problem)

I've been having problems with SpamBayes that I hope you can help me
with.

It's been working superbly until today. Last night, our Exchange server
was shut down. I think as a result of this, every time I would open
Outlook it would crash. A dialog came up (I think it was an Outlook
dialog) asking if I wanted to disable SpamBayes. I said yes, figuring I
would just re-enable once Outlook was back up. After that, Outlook did
in fact came back up, but ever since I have been unable to re-enable
SpamBayes.

The symptom is that you go into the add-in manager, you click on
SpamBayes (ie. there's a check mark), and exit the addin manager. If you
checked. Nothing I have tried allows me to enable SpamBayes.

I tried uninstalling, and reinstalling the latest version. I tried
uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling. I tried uninstalling,
removing all registry entries for SpamBayes, rebooting, and
reinstalling. Nothing seems to work.

Have you seen this type of behavior before?

Lee Herman

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.