[Spambayes] SpamBayes future platforms

Fionn Behrens mail at fionn.de
Fri Aug 8 19:28:14 EDT 2003

On Fre, 2003-08-08 at 00:03, Meyer, Tony wrote:

> > My question is this: Do you
> > plan to develop a version to support Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server?
>
> Like the other responses, I do think that each individual should have a
> separate database, although this doesn't mean that the program couldn't
> run on the server.  Having a ~3Mb database for each user might be too
> expensive, but I suspect that you could reduce this by doing the storage
> in a database (mySQL, postgreSQL and ZODB are all able to be used by
> spambayes), but rather than the current system where each user has a
> separate table with their token counts, have the individual tables have
> references to a shared table of tokens, although I'm not certain that
> this would save space.

We already have this running (based on MySQL). Saving words and counts
into different tables does indeed seem to save some space - at the cost
of slightly more CPU intensive lookups. If you do the usual one folder
per user it is about 10%. As our system can do more than one folder (for
additional sorting after the spam classification) per user, though, the
space efficiency increases rapidly with that.

Regards,
	Fionn
--
Software patents    -  not allowed in Europe | See whats going on:
Archiving Email     -  patented in Europe    | http://freepatents.org/