[Spambayes] We have a great catcher, now we need a good relief pitcher!

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sat Aug 9 16:01:23 EDT 2003

[pv]
> Have you given any thought to developing/implementing an effective
> 'bounce-spam' feature to discourage some spammers?

Yes:  no such gimmick could be helpful.  Most spam forges a bogus sender
address, so besides increasing spam-related junk traffic, most bounces will
end up bouncing right back to you (due to a bad address), or end up in an
innocent victim's mailbox.  Solves nothing, creates more problems.

not-that-in-god's-eyes-any-of-us-are-innocent<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim