[Spambayes] Initial training strategy for Outlook

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Mon Aug 11 13:22:38 EDT 2003

> I'd like feedback from real users too.

Am I am real user? ;)  (You're getting my comments anyway, so I guess
that's rhetorical...)

> I'd like some feedback from others on this list - how could
> we make the initial "training" process simpler?  Would Tim's
> idea of allowing *no* training data, and forcing the user to
> recover almost everything from "unsure" work OK?

I think so, as long as there is a prominent answer to the "why is
everything unsure?" question, really early in the about.html file.  I
think the "enable filtering" button could be removed (making room for
the timer ;) - is there really anyone that uses it without enabling
filtering?  (and couldn't they just not watch anything?)

IAC, if it is enabled by default, it won't actually do anything until
the user tells it which folders to watch, and won't move anything until
it is set to move (instead of "untouched") and the user picks a folder.
So it's not like they shouldn't be able to find their mail...

I like this idea much more than the initial database one.