[Spambayes] does SpamBayes work with Outlook Rules Wizard ?

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Aug 11 12:44:04 EDT 2003

> Too bad. Maybe a proxy agent between Outbloat and the mail
> server is the
> answer.

Yeah - something like that may work.  Another alternative would be the more
generic "filter" mechanism Sean and I are talking about - but keeping
Outlook rules in place would appeal to many.

I'd be very happy to help someone else drive this <wink>.

> Sorry, there might be a misunderstanding here: Outbloat did
> the messages in
> multiple folders trick before spammy was ever installed.

Wow - I've never seen that.  Most of my filters are simple "move" ones.  I
used to have "and stop future rules" set, and the last rule used to play a
sound.  I still generally select "stop future" still though.

But I never recall seeing that, and not all my rules are set that way.

> I wonder how many people who use pop/smtp in lieu of exchange
> actually use
> Outbloat's other features much?

Personally, I think Outlook is fine in stand alone mode, and excellent in
server mode.  Compared to the alternatives, of course <wink>.  Its
extensibility is excellent, even if occasionally eratic, and this is
reflected in the large number of plugins available for it.

Why do you use it if you hate it so much?

Mark.