[Spambayes] Installing SpamBayes (pop3proxy) on Mandrake 9.1

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Aug 11 09:27:22 EDT 2003

    Dustin> Do you have an idea as to why this is happening?  I have Python
    Dustin> 2.2.2 installed (the default Mandrake 9.1 installation).

    Dustin>     raise Error("could not locate runnable browser")
    Dustin> webbrowser.Error: could not locate runnable browser

Try setting the BROWSER environment variable to a web browser installed on
your system, though I'm kind of surprised it couldn't find anything.  The
default list of browsers is

    ["mozilla","netscape","kfm","grail","links","lynx","w3m"]

For more details, check out the webbrowser docs:

    http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/lib/module-webbrowser.html

If the browser you give in the BROWSER environment variable is unknown, you
should register it (explained in the docs), most likely in your
installation's sitecustomize.py file.  Details of site customization are in
the docs for the site module:

    http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/lib/module-site.html

Skip