[Spambayes] Virus scanners

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Mon Aug 11 11:36:48 EDT 2003

SpamBayes makes no change to the body of the e-mail, only the headers and the location of the bits. Virus scanners look entirely at the body of the message. There is no conflict. SpamBayes doesn't change the path that a message travels, so all messages will continue to go through the AV scanner you
already have installed, either before or after SpamBayes.

Van

"Jason R. Eicholtz" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I looked through your FAQ and I didn't see something that I thought should be there, and something I am definitely curious about:
>
> Does SpamBayes interfere with virus scanners on Windows, like Norton or McAfee. I'm not sure how Norton catches them now, or even if they changed, but they used to setup their own proxy server on the local machine for receiving email. And I was wondering if this would interfere with SpamBayes's Proxy.
>
> Thanks alot and keep up the great work,
> Jason

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,