[Spambayes] setup training & filtering set

Stuart, Bill Stuart at tessco.com
Mon Aug 11 15:05:41 EDT 2003

[...]
> That said, I'd like to propose the names "Spam" and
> "Spambiguous" as the default folder names. [...]

Seconded. ;-)

> Actually, I'm not sure it's a good idea to use "Junk E-mail"
> as one of the names. If you have both Spambayes and the
> Outlook Junk E-mail rule turned on, it won't be obvious which
> program consigned a message to the folder.
> Bob

I suggest turning off the Outlook Junk E-mail rule, as it's redundant and
could increase the length of time it takes to train SpamBayes if Outlook
intercepts the spam first.  Might be a good idea to add that to the
instructions or FAQ.

Of course, you can easily tell whether SpamBayes or Outlook moved it by
adding the spam score column to the message list.  No spam score, something
other than SpamBayes put it there.

 - Bill
   stuart at tessco.com

"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
 - Winston Churchill