[Spambayes] Functionality as an __incoming__ SMTP filter ?

Florian-Daniel Otel otel at ce.chalmers.se
Tue Aug 12 00:32:54 EDT 2003

[First of all, a bit of a disclaimer: I've read only superficially the
existing docs and I have no experience with other bayesian
filters. Thanks for your patience]

Hello all,

I have the following set-up: I normally read my mail from an NFS
mounted mbox which is dumped by an SMTP server I have no control
over (i.e. root access). As such I am after the following functionality:

Is it possible to set up spambayes as an __incoming__ SMTP tunnel ? In
other words I would like to forward my mail from the inital SMTP
server to spambayes set up as a SMTP server on another machine where I
have root access, have it classify the mail there , and get the results
being dumped in sepparate mboxes on that machine.

Please Cc: me on the replies, I'm not on this list.

TIA,

Florian

P.S. I am using VM as a mail reader. Yes, I am aware that I can
use it via POP3 and no, I don't want to do that.