[Spambayes] Spambayes

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Aug 12 12:39:22 EDT 2003

> You say you need help with documentation, apart from using
> REAL English
> (colour etc) my writing is good and is generally light
> hearted but gets
> the message across.  How can I help?

The best thing would be to submit patches to the documentation.  If you
think significant reorganization is warranted, it should probably be
discussed on spambayes-dev - but otherwise, you as a recent user is in a
much better position than us to know what needs work.

Indeed, it couldn't hurt for the documentation patches to be slightly ahead
of the product - eg, we have been discussing a simpler initial configuration
process.  Having this documented before we write the code would actually
help!  This would need more discussion tho - also on spambayes-dev.

> Would you like a bit of humour

Personally, I think I have enough <wink>

> or humor in the documentation?

subtly.  A problem with trying to add humour means it often comes across as
"trying too hard".  I think writing "naturally" works better, and depending
on the author, that often means some degree of humour.

Thanks for the offer - I hope you can help!

Mark.