[Spambayes] Fight Back

Tim Stone tim at fourstonesexpressions.com
Mon Aug 11 23:20:12 EDT 2003

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:00:12 -0400, Steve <steve at szmidt.org> wrote:

> One of the interesting things I've found is to actually slow down their
> mail servers too. There's a interesting project based on dragging out the
> response times to near but not quite timeout values, which would make
> their servers come to a grind whenever they hit your mailserver.

It's an interesting idea, but spambayes generally works on the client side
of the equation.  Were we to build delays into spambayes, it would only
serve to slow down your client's access of your own mailserver.  There are
some who have wired spambayes into their mailservers, but presumably if
they are saavy enough to pull that off, then they are saavy enough to build
delays into their mail server's receiving circuitry.  That's my opinion,
anyway...

--

Vous exprimer; Exprésese; Te stesso esprimere; Express yourself!
Tim Stone