[Spambayes] SpamBayes : contribution

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Tue Aug 12 19:00:36 EDT 2003

> 	I wrote a few months ago a small command line utility
> which allows the user to convert an Outlook Express mailbox
> DBX file to a Unix mbox one.
[...]
> 	So here are my suggestions :
> - you could ship oe2mbox.py script along with SpamBayes (even
> compiled as an exe)
> - you could use my oe.mailbox lib to make SpamBayes be able
> to handle *.dbx files.

Thanks for this!  Working with dbx files was on my to-do list, but other
than looking at the couple of sf projects that do this, I hadn't got any
further.  If no-one else gets to it, I'm definitely interested in
integrating this code into spambayes.  However, it might be a couple of
weeks before I can get around to it.  (If you felt like it you could
make the appropriate patches yourself and submit them).

> 	This lib is currently under GNU GPL but, as I did not
> distribute it yet, I can change the license to PSF if you wish.

I'll let Tim answer that one.