[Spambayes] Issues with hammie.py and webpage

Volker Stolz stolz at i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Aug 12 11:28:56 EDT 2003

Hi, I was just getting into Bayesian filters and decided to use
py-spambayes. Two things: I have a bzip2ed mbox full of spam and
tried to train the system with it:

stolz at menelaos [10:19:21]> bunzip2 -c Mail/spam.1.bz2 | hammie.py -d -s -
Training spam (-):
     1

This looks like it wasn't expecting an mbox on stdin but treated
everything as one single mail?
Unzipping the file and then passing it to hammy works fine:
Mail at menelaos [10:22:57]> hammie.py -d -s spam.1
Training spam (spam.1):
  1492
Catting the unzipped file once again shows the erroneous behaviour.

If this isn't supposed to work the way I intented it, you should
probably modify the man-page.

Second thing: On http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/docs.html the link
for some of the docs point into CVS which will break rendering at least
here in Opera 6, e.g. the Troubleshooting Guide is delivered as text/plain.

Regards,
 Volker
--
http://www-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/stolz/ *** PGP *** S/MIME