[Spambayes] SpamBayes Binary v 0.7

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Aug 13 12:04:55 EDT 2003

> However, I am seeing two quirks. Some messages in both the
> Inbox and Spam
> folders do not display any score (i.e. the field displayed is
> blank/empty).
> When you look at the Spam Clues for this message under Spam
> Manager, the
> message is scored (as is also evident from the fact that the
> message was
> moved to the Spam folder).

So the filtering is working OK, but no spam score showing?  Is is possible
these message come from an IMAP or Hotmail server?

> So far, I have not seen any
> messages moved to the
> Unsure folder that don't display a score. I have removed the
> display field
> for the score and re-displayed the Spam field with no effect
> in both Inbox
> and Spam folders. I have also noticed that SpamBayes no
> longer shows as a
> COM add-in. It doesn't seem to show in any add-in displays that I have
> found. The documentation indicates that it should show as a
> COM add-in in
> Outlook 2002 (at least).

It seems to work in Outlook 2000, which is all I have - but even then I
haven't checked this is still true in the most recent binaries.

I have no idea how they decide to display the addin in the dialog, but it
never shows up if you are running the source-code version.

> The good news is that everything seems to be working fine but
> some Spam
> scores are not displaying. I am not sure if I should be
> worried if SpamBayes
> doesn't show as a COM add-in or not.

If you are not sure if to be worried about something or not, the general
answer is that you shouldn't <wink>.

Mark.