[Spambayes] potentially stupid question

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Wed Aug 13 17:58:50 EDT 2003

> Does Hotmail allow you to use something other than a web
> browser as your mail program?  If so, you could stick the
> pop3proxy between Hotmail.com and your mail program.

Outlook and Outlook Express allow you to read mail on hotmail accounts,
but they do it via some http transactions, not POP3.  In theory the
Outlook plugin works, but having also just signed up for a hotmail
account (you didn't take spambayes at hotmail.com, did you?  Someone
did...), I'm having a terrible time trying to get Outlook to connect to
it to prove that it does work...

I have succeeded with OE in the past, though.  However, the pop3proxy
wouldn't work here - we'd need a http proxy.  I'm not sure there is a
solution here, really, given the difficulty of creating a plugin for OE.