[Spambayes] Newbie question on non-standard POP3 client

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Wed Aug 13 21:05:51 EDT 2003

> I ran Telnet on my mail server and got a representative
> example of the output from the commands below.
>
> I then ran Telnet on localhost. It cleared the screen and as
> soon as I hit the left-shift button to start typing in
> uppercase, it dropped back to the dos shell prompt.

Sounds like it isn't proxying, then.  When you start the proxy, do you
get something like:
"""
SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Beta1, version 0.1 (May 2003),
using SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Web Interface Alpha2, version 0.02
and engine SpamBayes Beta2, version 0.2 (July 2003).

Listener on port 110 is proxying pop.ihug.co.nz:110
User interface url is http://localhost:8880/
"""

Do you maybe have something else using port 110?  Try running the proxy
on a different port (1110, for example), and seeing if that works.