[Spambayes] Bug??

Garrett Brucker Garrett.Brucker at SolveITLLP.com
Wed Aug 13 06:56:33 EDT 2003

I recently installed the Spambayes plugin for Outlook -- it's awesome so
keep up the great work.  Only minor glitch I've encountered is that my
email names that Outlook outfills when entering in the "To" or "CC"
fields has all been truncated to the first initial of the person's last
name.  For example, if I had 3 Steve's I've sent email to in the past
(Steve Smith, Steve Jones, Steve Jobs), when I would start to type
"steve" in the To field the 3 Steve's would appear in a drop-down and I
could pick the appropriate one.  After installing Spambayes, my
drop-down now has just 3 S's that are displayed vs. the whole name.  If
I select one, it still has the correct email address associated with it
so the info behind the name is still there.  After sending an email to
the person, the drop-down does NOT update and still has the name
truncated to the first initial.  Also, this issue only seems to have
affected those names where I have multiple people with the same first
name -- individual unique names work fine.  My Contacts/Address Book all
work fine still.

I am using Outlook XP and I know that the names it holds in "memory" is
part of my profile.  So, I could create a new profile and start the
building/indexing of names from scratch but would rather not if you have
a fix.  Please advise.

Garrett Brucker
Principal
Solve IT, L.L.P.