[Spambayes] imap filter problems

Tys von Gaza tys at tvg.ca
Thu Aug 14 02:16:47 EDT 2003

I am getting the follow traceback when trying to train on some imap
folders with imapfilter.py.  I can configure, and choose folders fine
through the browser config so it can connect to the server.

I am running the latest CVS, Python 2.2.2, connecting to a Courier IMAP
server that is on the same machine.

Also have another question, I going travelling so I am moving from a 100%
Outlook based mail setup to a qmail/courier imap/squirrel mail setup.  I
have shell access to the account that the mail is getting delivered too.
Is IMAP filter for training and hammiefilter/procmail (or whatever it is
for qmail) for filtering a decent combo?  Or is there a better way to go
about training and filtering?  Anyone with a similar setup have any ideas?

Thanks for the help.  The traceback is below:

[gaza at games gaza]$ python2.2 spambayes/imapfilter.py -v -t
SpamBayes IMAP Filter Alpha1, version 0.01 (May 2003),
using SpamBayes IMAP Filter Web Interface Alpha1, version 0.01
and engine SpamBayes Beta2, version 0.2 (July 2003).

hammie.db is an existing database, with 0 spam and 0 ham
Done.
Training
   Training ham folder INBOX.SB.TrainHam
       0 trained.
   Training spam folder INBOX.SB.TrainSpam
*.Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "spambayes/imapfilter.py", line 782, in ?
    run()
  File "spambayes/imapfilter.py", line 768, in run
    imap_filter.Train()
  File "spambayes/imapfilter.py", line 607, in Train
    num_spam_trained = folder.Train(self.classifier, True)
  File "spambayes/imapfilter.py", line 543, in Train
    msg.Save()
  File "spambayes/imapfilter.py", line 365, in Save
    response = imap.uid("FETCH", self.uid, "(FLAGS INTERNALDATE)")
  File "//usr/lib/python2.2/imaplib.py", line 622, in uid
    typ, dat = apply(self._simple_command, (name, command) + args)
  File "//usr/lib/python2.2/imaplib.py", line 925, in _simple_command
    return self._command_complete(name, apply(self._command, (name,) + args))
  File "//usr/lib/python2.2/imaplib.py", line 699, in _command
    data = '%s %s' % (data, self._checkquote(arg))
  File "//usr/lib/python2.2/imaplib.py", line 908, in _checkquote
IndexError: string index out of range

Tys von Gaza
tys at tvg.ca