[Spambayes] mboxtrain ham headers overwritten

Tys von Gaza tys at tvg.ca
Fri Aug 15 01:42:26 EDT 2003

Ok, found my error, and of course it was stupid but I didn't see it
documented anywhere, so here it is.

I had the following set in my ~/.spambayesrc
[globals]
verbose=True

This caused the following lines to be added to the start of each e-mail
message that got filtered through procmail:

"""
/home/gaza/maildata/bayes.db is an existing database, with 69 spam and 21 ham
"""

Which then caused mboxtrain, or the e-mail package to think the message
had zero headers (or something, this is just a guess).

Other then removing verbose lines from hammiefilter (but that is the
reason for setting verbose) there isn't much way around this other then
warn people what the cause of setting verbose and using hammiefilter.

Anyways, I'm have sucessfully moved from Outlook to Qmail/Courier IMAP and
I'm loving it (thanks Qmail, fetchmail, procmail, SquirrelMail and other
the wonders of dealing with mail under Unix)!

For those courious I have setup my Maildir/IMAP folders and mboxtrain very
similar to how imapfilter was setup.  When something is incorrectly
trained I just move it too the TrainHam or TrainSpam folder and a cron job
runs mboxtrain on those directories, then moves any messages to the
correct location (sorta).

A few questions, is it safe to just move messages between Maildir folders
(it seems to work but I don't trust it)?  Second is there anyway to send a
Maildir message file through procmail again, ie unsure that is really ham
will get refiltered through procmail and put into the correct location?

Thanks,

--
Tys von Gaza
tys at tvg.ca