[Spambayes] Problem installing SpamBayes v0.7

Nicolas Pochez npochez at wanadoo.fr
Tue Aug 19 02:01:00 EDT 2003

Hello,

I had the occasion to install your plugin software at work and the procedure
went almost Ok there:
> Windows XP - just one login on the machine which is also administrator of
the workstation
> Outlook - 2002 I believe
> Norton AntiVirus - the only problem I encontered took place when some dll
failed to register, which disappeared when I disabled anti-virus checking at
reception and send in Norton.

Yet on my computer at home, I can not manage to get the installation
complete all the way to get the tool bar correctly in Outlook the way I had
it at work:
> Windows 2000 - at least two loggins, one administrator for the work
station and one regular user when I usually use it
> Outlook 2000
> Norton AntiVirus

I tried to install the plugin both as a regular user or as an administrator,
and it runs Ok until it gets to the registration of the dll where it gives
me the following message:

"Error Message

C:\Program Files\Specific\Spambayes Outlook Addin\spambayes_addin.dll

Unable to register the DLL/OCX: DllRegisterServer failed; code 0x00000000.
 Click Retry to try again, Ignore to proceed anyway (not recommended), or
Abort to Cancel installation"

I tried to disconnect Norton Antivirus, unchecking even more features than
at work: it did not work out. I tried to ignore the error message: didn't
work either. I tried to install it as an administrator (also got the error
message) then as a regular user: didn't work either.

After reading through you FAQ and trouble shooting guidelines, I tried to
take a look at the log file: it is there in the the temp directory, the time
matches the various attempts but they are all empty.

I therefore wonder what I could do? (if you can give me some hints to work
it out, I will write you the corresponding installation procedure in
return).

Any way, thank you very much for that work ! I am anxious to get it running
and tested here.

Nicolas
Paris, France