Thanks you (was: Re: [Spambayes] How do I...)

David McNab david at rebirthing.co.nz
Tue Aug 19 00:47:06 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 10:59, Meyer, Tony wrote:
> One important point regarding including it, apart from philosophical
> issues - you would have to state that you are transferring all copyright
> of mtaproxy to the PSF.  At the moment, that's the only way anything
> gets included.

I note that you've already linked it from the spambayes website - thanks
for that :)

As regards license - I'm accustomed to GPL-style licenses, whereby
people have total freedom to download/use/modify/redistribute. I'm not
sure I'd be willing to gift away copyright ownership, because it could
prevent me from having the same freedoms myself, and stop me from
building my work into an (open source) commercial product at a later
time.

Can you please clarify?

Cheers
David