[Spambayes] Confused about the difference between SpamBayes (with Outlook Plugin) and Inboxer

Adam Lasnik alasnik at smilezone.com
Fri Aug 22 14:01:59 EDT 2003

Hi there,

I'm a POPfile refugee (too many false positives!) and generally a pretty
tech savvy fella, with clearly no fear of open source stuff.

Would there be any reason for me to use Inboxer instead of SpamBayes
with the Outlook plugin?  I understand that Inboxer offers a whitelist
feature, but if SpamBayes algorithms are really as sound as I've heard,
then this shouldn't really be necessary, right?

Aside from ease of installation, are there any other advantages to
Inboxer over SpamBayes?  I'm willing to fork over some cash if I have
good enough reasons to do so :)

Oh, and yeah, I did check out Inboxer's site and attempted to Google
comparison info, but came up blank.

Thanks in advance for any info :)

Regards,
Adam