[Spambayes] Using Spambayes with MySQL

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Aug 22 23:46:37 EDT 2003

    David> Does SpamBayes have any way (yet) of using MySQL databases?  If
    David> so, what do I need to do to set this up?

Yes.  Unfortunately, I think it's still RTSL at this point.  It may even
still be TTSL (Tweak The Source Luke).  I added PostgreSQL capability to the
storage module and Tony Meyer followed up with his MySQL capability.  Tony
also added a special check to pop3proxy so you can specify a
persistent_storage_file of "mysql::" or "pgsql::" to select the appropriate
database.  If you're not using pop3proxy I think you'll have to modify the
application you are using in a similar way.

Skip