[Spambayes] pop3proxy notate_to okay for spam, nothing for ham/unsure

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Mon Aug 25 13:22:46 EDT 2003

> I want to shunt the unsure messages into a separate folder so
> I can train based on the unsure messages only.  (My OE rules
> drop the spam so I never see it.)

This is a feature, not a bug ;) Because notate_to is such an ugly way to
include the classification, it only tags spam messages, since you
probably don't want to reply to those.  I suppose I could change the
option to allow you to select 'none', 'ham', 'spam' and 'unsure'.  What
do other people think about this?

> add_mailid_to:body doesn't seem to work either, what should I
> be seeing?

Nothing ;)  When things got moved around the option was broken.  It's
unlikely to be fixed, and will probably be removed.

> Some other comments:
> - Since using dumbdbm is a bad idea (it choked on my 2000
> message training corpus), why not make pickle the default and
> let the power-users select the db they want?

Well, from the next release dumbdbm isn't usable.  This means that
anyone that tries to use a dbm that doesn't have something better will
have no option but to use a pickle (or install something better).
Anyone using Python 2.3, though, does have something better.  This also
means that when a binary version of pop3proxy (et al) is made, bsddb
will be available.

> - Can someone create a simple command-line version of "print
> Options.options" for those of us with no desire to use Python?

"print Options.options" gives you "<OptionsClass.OptionsClass object at
0x00E1D7F0>" (your address may differ).  Why would you want this?  Do
you want a list of all the available options, or a list of the current
options, or what?  You should be able to do all the manipulations of the
options you need via the web ui.

> - pop3proxy doesn't appear to pick up configuration changes
> made via the webpage until it is restarted, this should be fixable.

This shouldn't be the case.  Are you certain?  (you said "appear").  If
you are, then please open a bug - with the current problems with the
list, things are likely to get lost otherwise.