[Spambayes] corrupted database?

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Mon Aug 25 15:53:24 EDT 2003

Hi Aaron,

>   File "D:\PYTHON23\lib\bsddb\__init__.py", line 90, in __setitem__
>     self.db[key] = value
>
> DBRunRecoveryError: (-30982, 'DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run
> database recovery -- fatal region error detected; run recovery')

That's a database corruption that we've not been able to track down.  We
suspect it's a bug in either bsddb or python's bsddb interface module, and
it's being tracked here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105470&aid=775414&group_id=5470

The simple solution is to delete your hammie.db and retrain, I'm afraid.
Judging by the error, there's some Sleepycat utility that will attempt to
recover your database, but I don't know anything about it.

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com