[Spambayes] fatal error?

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Tue Aug 26 00:35:31 EDT 2003

[Mark]

[Skip]
> The database is corrupted, and could presumably be fixed using the
> db_recover program which comes with Sleepycat's offering.  Unfortunately,
> that's not delivered with the Python installer and Sleepycat doesn't produce
> a Windows binary, so you'll have to just delete your database and retrain
> from scratch unless you have the means to build the Berkeley DB from source.

For what it's worth, I've built db_recover.exe and put it here:

  http://entrian.com/db_recover.zip

I couldn't make head nor tail of how to use it to recover a Spambayes
database though - it seems to expect the database to be a directory (full
of files under bsddb's control) rather than a single file.  Mark (or
anyone) if you get it to work, please could you let us know what you did?
Thanks.

I assume I'm not breaking Sleepycat's license by making a binary available
- it's build from their unaltered source, which I downloaded from:

  http://www.sleepycat.com/download/index.shtml

If anyone thinks differently, let me know and I'll remove the file.

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com