[Spambayes] SpamBayes as a gatway solution

Richard Jowsey richard at death2spam.net
Thu Aug 28 11:58:39 EDT 2003

> I'm wondering if anyone has some opinions about whether this is
> absolutely set in stone, or whether there might be some good ways to
> implement SpamBayes at the gateway level.

It's not SpamBayes, but I've successfully implemented a Bayesian
gateway filter (POP/SMTP) which utilizes both "system-wide" and
"personal" data. The logic for assigning spam probabilities in this
scenario has required a considerable amount of R&D, experimentation,
testing and measurement, plus some fairly tricky memory and database
management. However, it's now working very well, on our public proxy
servers and at a number of ISP/corporate clients. AFAIK, it's
currently the only commercial-grade Bayesian implementation which
does this.

Just FYI...

Cheers,
Richard Jowsey