[Spambayes] alternatives to spambayes

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Thu Aug 28 14:14:14 EDT 2003

> >> The process exits.
>
> > The pop3proxy process?  Does it give a traceback, or just silently
> > end? I haven't seen reports of this before; I'd be very
> > interested in
> > fixing this if it is a bug.
>
> You'd have to tell me where to look for them, I don't have
> the console window output.

In the console window. :)

> Running pop3proxy.pyw from Startup folder, goes into the
> background, no console window. I don't have the nerve to keep
> console windows for daemons sitting around my desktop.

The problem with this is that means that any error messages are lost.
When things are working fine, it should be ok, but to figure out a
problem, it's not.  In a future release pop3proxy will use a log (like
the Outlook plug-in already does), but that hasn't been implemented yet
(it is only alpha).

If you were willing to run it in a console window until the process
terminates, and then let me know what the traceback is, that would be
great.  If you're not willing to because you're using POPFile now, never
mind; if it is a bug, someone else will report it.