[Spambayes] SpamBayes as a gatway solution

Brad Clements bkc at murkworks.com
Thu Aug 28 09:06:44 EDT 2003

On 28 Aug 2003 at 8:00, Joerg Beyer wrote:

> > do comparitive score analysis across the results and only keep the worst
> > of the worst.  Even if that only catches 10% of the spam, that would save
> > network bandwidth.
>
> with one ham/spam statistic you have to find the x% of the mail,
> on which every receiver agrees that it is spam - hard to tell, but not
> impossible.
>
> A solution that makes it possible that every receiver has it's own
> statistic will be _much_ better.

I've been thinking about this too. Suppose you had a company with 100 employees.

If you pick 5 people and use their combined preferences to flag messages as
ham/spam, would that be workable?

So, you would just flag a message, still send it through and leave it to the user's mua to
dispose of as it wishes.

Perhaps some kind of 'voting scheme' could be used (rather than a simple spam score
average).

I don't have enough people here to try this with, but I'd like to experiment with the idea.

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
http://www.wecanstopspam.org/                   AOL-IM: BKClements