[Spambayes] Spambayes quits functioning after several days

Valdez, David E david.e.valdez at intel.com
Thu Aug 28 15:07:15 EDT 2003

I have installed the latest spambayes version from binary, version 007.
It worked correctly after configuration for 4 days and has subsequently
stopped working, either through the toolbar or as a spam filter. Nothing
on my machine appears to have changed in that timeframe. I've read the
troubleshooting page and since the toolbar doesn't work, I can't confirm
that the config hasn't magically changed, but I did nothing to change
it.

I've uninstalled, verified the registry was clean of any spambayes and
tried to find any other entries to clean...then I've re-installed it to
no avail. Perhaps the most disturbing failure is that the spambayes
toolbar remains after uninstalling. Also, no log files are generated :-(

Any suggestions?

David E. Valdez
PROSet Core Team Manager
d          503.712.1798