[Spambayes] RE: SpamBayes Problems

Coe, Bob rcoe at CambridgeMA.GOV
Fri Aug 29 10:45:03 EDT 2003

This sounds like what happened to one of my users. It turned out that she had inadvertently dragged her spam folder into another folder in the tree (something that's far too easy to do in Outlook). But moving the folder didn't confuse Spambayes, which went ahead and continued to use it in its new location. When the user created a new folder of the same name, Spambayes ignored it, because it hadn't lost track of the original one. When I deleted the new folder and moved the old folder back where it belonged (which also didn't confuse Spambayes), things were back to normal.

Bob

MIS Department, City of Cambridge
831 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge MA 02139  ·  617-349-4217  ·  fax 617-349-6165