[Spambayes] SpamBayes Problems

Coe, Bob rcoe at CambridgeMA.GOV
Fri Aug 29 11:41:20 EDT 2003

My experience has been that if the current version is around 003 or earlier, you'll lose your training and configuration data, no matter how you install the new version. But I've had no problem installing 007 over 005 or 006.

Bob

MIS Department, City of Cambridge
831 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge MA 02139  ·  617-349-4217  ·  fax 617-349-6165

bayes/spambayes/Outlook2000/docs/troubleshooting.html), and see how to reset the toolbars.

> What is the proper uninstall procedure?

The general answer to your question is that it doesn't matter if you uninstall an old version or not.  Ununstalling does not remove your configuration and training data, and the setup program is smart enough to know a previous version is installed and not list it twice.

Mark.