[Spambayes] sb_imapfilter.py AssertionError: hamcount <= nham

Tim Stone tim at fourstonesExpressions.com
Mon Dec 1 13:56:55 EST 2003

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 10:35:28 -0800, Tony Lownds <tony-bayes at lownds.com>
wrote:

> At 10:57 AM -0500 12/1/03, papaDoc wrote:
>> Hi Tony,

>>> Ah... while training it said 14 ham trained, while classifying it only
>>> said 10 ham.
>>
>> Do you force the training (i.e. use the -f switch) ?
>> sb_mboxtrain -f
>
> I'm using sb_imapfilter.py, no sb_mboxtrain. sb_imapfilter.py does not
> have an -f switch. I removed spambayes.messageinfo.db before running the
> training database. That should do the same thing as -f, right?

Not necessarily.  If you remove the messageinfo db, then sb has forgotten
what messages it has already trained on, and will quite possibly train a
message that should otherwise be ignored...  If you do this, then you must
start with a completely new training database as well...

> --

Vous exprimer; Exprésese; Te stesso esprimere; Express yourself!
Tim Stone
See my photography at www.fourstonesExpressions.com
See my writing at www.xanga.com/obj3kshun