[Spambayes] Where are my e-mails?

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Tue Dec 2 22:13:09 EST 2003

[Tony Meyer]
> I don't know about all versions of Outlook, but I get this "are you
> sure" warning even if I'm just moving the folder into the Deleted
> Items folder.

I do not (Outlook 2000 SP3), although there are well-hidden options in
Outlook that can affect when and whether you get warnings.

> It would seem pointless to add a second check, even if
> it was a simple addition to the plug-in.

So maybe Marv disabled Outlook's warning and wants us to change his mind
<wink>.

> BTW, has anyone else noticed that in the last week or two these
> 'missing mail' posts have become quite common?  (Although I note that
> it's never ended up being spambayes at fault).

Yup, and it's pretty mysterious to see so many pop up all of a sudden.

> Maybe we need a FAQ for this, too?

I don't know how to answer that FAQ yet:  where *do* people find their email
in the end?  Is there a pattern to it?  I haven't seen many followup msgs
from people with this complaint.