[Spambayes] Identified Spam

Mark Howells Mark.Howells at softoption.com
Wed Dec 3 06:50:42 EST 2003

SpamBayes is a message classifier.  Once it has classified the message as Ham/Suspect/Spam its job is done.

> Does the sender / administrator of the Spam get a message telling them
> to stop, or telling them that the address was not valid etc ?

No.  There's no practical way of achieving anything.  Most spam has falsified reply/from etc headers and most replies would just bounce, causing even more traffic.

> Whilst I am getting Spam identified, into junk or suspect, the actual
> volume is not getting any less - in fact it is possibly increasing !

At least it's not cluttering your inbox any more....

Cheers

Mark