[Spambayes] Re: Outlook plugin - training, database status

Dennis W. Bulgrien dbulgrien at vcsd.com
Wed Dec 3 09:01:41 EST 2003

Some confirmation that classifier does not automatically train on messages that
it's sure about...  SpamBayes Manager, Training database status, stated
"Database only has...
7 good and 388 spam - you should consider performing additional training."  Then
I received 57 e-mail classified as:  2 ham, 54 uncertain, and 29 spam.
SpamBayes Manager, Training database status still stated...
"7 good and 388 spam" instead of what I had hoped would be...
"9 good and 417 spam".  After classifying the 54 uncertain as spam the numbers
expectedly went to...
"7 good and 442 spam".  With the proposed idea the potentially advantageous
numbers could have been...
"9 good and 471 spam".

"Piers Haken" <piersh at friskit.com> wrote in message
news:9891913C5BFE87429D71E37F08210CB91839FE at zeus.sfhq.friskit.com...
I don't believe you need this. I think that the classifier automatically
trains on messages as they arrive (or at least on messages that it's
sure about).