[Spambayes] Re: Outlook plugin - training, database status

Seth Goodman nobody at spamcop.net
Wed Dec 3 10:51:16 EST 2003

[Dennis W. Bulgrien]
> Some confirmation that classifier does not automatically train on
> messages that
> it's sure about...  SpamBayes Manager, Training database status, stated

Dennis,

Your observations are correct.  It appears that the configuration switch for
"train on everything" is exposed for use in the POP3PROXY version (all other
mailers besides Outlook), but not in the Outlook Plug-In.  I would also like
to experiment with it, but I use the plug-in like you.

>From your numbers, you might consider training some additional ham into your
databases.  Other people have found poor results when the number of spam and
ham messages trained is drastically different.

--
Seth Goodman

  Humans:   personal replies to sethg [at] GoodmanAssociates [dot] com

  Spambots: disregard the above